The FBAA’s AML/CTF Course is provided through AAMC with exclusively discounted prices provided to FBAA members. New entrants are required to complete the full training course. You must then complete a refresher course every 2 years.
Please speak to our FBAA Staff to obtain your FBAA Member Discount Code.
Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Course
This training program is designed to provide you with an overview of anti-money laundering and countering of the financing of terrorism. The “Anti-Money Laundering” sections describe the legal obligations of financial institutions and other regulated entities to prevent or report money laundering activities. The Counter-Terrorism Financing sections describe the legal obligations of financial institutions, other regulated entities and residents of Australia to prevent, report and interdict the financing of terrorists, terrorist organisations and terrorism events.
Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006
The Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) – Australia’s anti-money laundering regulator
Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Refresher Module
This training module is designed to keep your knowledge and training up-to-date to assist with your compliance with Australia’s efforts to counter money laundering, the financing of terrorism and the enforcement of international or Australian sanctions and other counter-measures. By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Explain the concept of money laundering
- Understand the three stages of money laundering
- Identify the principle sources of money laundering
- Update your understanding of your legal obligations with regard to anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism financing and Australian sanctions and other counter-measures
- Continue to undertake identification and verification procedures for your typical types of customers
- Assist with on-going customer identification and re-verification and the monitoring of customers and their transactions
- Identify and report suspicious matters