Renew My Membership
How to Renew Membership
Each year on the anniversary of your FBAA join date, your membership will be renewed automatically as well as payment taken using the card details supplied on joining for the forthcoming year. To renew your membership, we will require the following:
- Payment of the membership fee (an invoice will be emailed to you 1 month before your due date, and payment will be taken automatically using the supplied card details). Click here to download a payment form.
- Current ACL certificate or ACR number, whichever is relevant. If you have an ACR number, please also provide details of the licence holder.
- Current professional indemnity insurance Certificate of Currency. If you do not have a current PI policy or are looking at other options, contact Insurance Advisernet Australia.
- Current External Dispute Resolution (EDR) certificate. The FBAA’s preferred scheme is Financial Ombudsman Services (FOS). Go to www.fos.org.au to apply. The Credit Ombudsman Service Ltd (COSL) is also acceptable.
- Completion of 25 hours continuing professional development (CPD) during the previous 12 months. Click here to download a CPD form (Members’ Area login required).
- Please note: The CPD requirement applies to all members irrespective of the business activities of that member.
- Please note: In order to finalise your renewal, all documents as listed above must be received. Receipts for payment and renewal application forms will not be accepted.
Every 2 years
- Completion of FBAA approved AML/CTF refresher course – for details of the FBAA refresher program, click here.
Every 3 years
- National Police Check – (must not be more than 1 month old). Click here to order your Police Check with CVCheck.
- Bankruptcy Search (must not be more than 1 month old). Click here to order your Bankruptcy Search with CVCheck.
It is important to note that if we do not receive payment of your membership fee and the required supporting documentation, within 21 days of the due date your FBAA membership will be cancelled. Membership reinstatement will incur a $110.00 reactivation fee in addition to the membership fee.
Associate Members: Please note that Associate Membership is an FBAA industry entry point and is only for a period of 2 years. FBAA will automatically upgrade your membership to Accredited Member at the conclusion of the 2 year period.
Verification Checks Made Easy
FBAA has partnered with CVCheck to assist you with your verification requirements to renew your FBAA membership. Ordering checks takes as little as 3 minutes to complete with results delivered to you in hours – Saving you time, money and effort.